Positioning Yourself for Scholarships with a 2.2 or 3rd Class.
Don’t let your 2.2 or 3rd-class degree limit you. Here are some steps you can take to increase your chances:
1. Pursue a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) or Master’s program in your home country. Many individuals with a 2.2 in their undergraduate degree have successfully completed a higher degree with good grades, leading to multiple scholarship opportunities abroad.
2. Enhance your research experience. Building a strong and substantial research portfolio can significantly enhance your scholarship prospects.
3. Consider taking standardized exams such as the GRE or GMAT. These exams can provide an additional measure of your academic abilities and may positively impact your scholarship applications.
4. Seek a professor’s acceptance. Some Principal Investigators (PIs) may be willing to overlook a lower CGPA if you possess relevant hands-on experience and secure a professor’s acceptance.
5. Publish a peer-reviewed paper or article. This could serve as a writing sample that justifies that you understand the rudiments of academic writing.
6. Be on the lookout for scholarships that would not put so much focus on CGPA. e.g SI scholarships, CSC (China), and the Australian Awards